Infectious Diseases

The place to discuss issues being debated in the 2009-2010 school year -- briefs, legislation and debate.

Moderator: Officers

SRaghavan

Re: Infectious Diseases

Post by SRaghavan »

I was asking bert if I could do a 3 minute pro. Is that possible?
SRaghavan

Post by SRaghavan »

Canada believes that 2 solutions can be employed to reduce the spread of infectious diseases:

1) Some scientists believe that a combination of algorithms can give an "equation" for fighting infectious diseases.
So, more money should be sent on this form of research because leading scientists believe such a solution is right around the corner
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ccdrw-rmtch/ ... 09-eng.php

2The development of a parasite that preys on certain infectious diseases is an idea becing worked on. http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ccdrw-rmtch/ ... 09-eng.php
BeWang

Post by BeWang »

While equations are all wonderful, Japan would question the wisdom of trusting world safety to a computer.

And I think the Soviet Union developed phage (virus) therapy a long time ago. It works wonderfully, but was more expensive the antibiotics.
VSharma

Post by VSharma »

This is Turkey. I would like to be the pro speaker for resolution 1.1.
galukal

Post by galukal »

Shree, I already recruited you for a bill in November, and you both posted on the same day before I logged on, so I'm going to give pro for 1-1 to Turkey. If passing 1-1 over 1-2 is still your priority, anyone can ask to speak con for 1-2.

If you would like to propose a section or subsection for a bill, write it down here and the sponsors can decide on it.
-------------------

Speakers:

Resolution 1-1
Pro: Turkey
Con:

Resolution 1-2:
Pro: India
Con: United States
galukal

Post by galukal »

We are still gathering speakers for two positions. I may try to contact people, but if you want to speak contact me- first come, first served, unless you've spoken in structured debate already or I see some other reason to alter this.
MRajpara

Post by MRajpara »

I've got Pro for Resolution 1-2
VSharma

Post by VSharma »

Resolution 1.1 should include specific examination of animals under 3c. Anthrax and H1N1 has occurred through relations between humans and animals.