Historic Debate- Cuban Missile Crisis

The place to discuss issues being debated in the 2009-2010 school year -- briefs, legislation and debate.

Moderator: Officers

galukal

Re: Historic Debate- Cuban Missile Crisis

Post by galukal »

Come with ideas, put it together while you're there, and vote. I wish we could do it over two meetings, but like last year's election simulation we only have so much time.
pmcavaddy

Post by pmcavaddy »

hey George I just learned moments ago that on Wednesday I have to leave right after school to go to my relatives house in Marlton, NJ . This means I wont be able to do the Historic Debate, but I hope I let u know soon enough in advance so that it doesnt affect the debate.
galukal

Post by galukal »

I'm sure Garrett will be fine. Thanks for letting me know.
Bob Fenster
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Fenster »

You expect us to read the entire brief, George? C'mon, we're just mere mortals. :)

Frustration aside, I think the double delegations thing was a better approach, so it all works out for the best.
galukal

Post by galukal »

OK, I think we should start the meeting with the US, Russia, and Cuba each giving a 3-minute speech on their position. Since those nations each have a senior member working them (Cuba also has a new member), I see no problem with it.
VSharma

Post by VSharma »

President de Gaulle France agrees with US's plan on dealing with missile sites in Cuba. Although, he has doubts of its efficency.
athakker

Post by athakker »

Hmmmm, Venezuela is just mad that Cuba supplied Venezuelan rebels with weapons to rebel. And then became allies with USA. "My enemies enemy is my friend."